Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Anxious

A new class starts for me next week. A research class. As in, I need to really narrow down my thesis.

And I'm anxious. The thing is, I am NOT an anxious person. The only time I suffer from any form of anxiety is when it comes to the health of my kids. Other than that, I tend to handle stress pretty well. Pretty sure that is the only reason why I am able to be a mom, work full-time, and go back to school. So being anxious is new to me. And I don't do well with anxious. Did I mention I need to have a real dissertation topic soon?

With that being said, I know there is one sure-fire way to make sure my level of anxiety doesn't skyrocket.

Run.

A lot.

No matter how busy my schedule gets, the best lesson I have learned since becoming a doctoral student is this: Giving up my runs is NOT an option. Unless you want a crazy woman for a wife, mother, and teacher.

I know exercise is often the first thing to go when life gets busy. But for me, it's just not an option. Some people watch t.v. Some people drink a glass of wine.

Me? I run.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment