Saturday, January 30, 2010

A lot to report...

The past few days have been a whirlwind! It is hard to believe that so many things can happen to one family in just four days.

On Wednesday, I decided to take Griffin into the doctor. He starting coughing the week before, and then he suddenly spiked a fever in the middle of the night on Tuesday. To be on the safe side, I decided to have his lungs checked out. Good thing I took him in...he had an EAR infection! When the doctor was done asking me questions about his fever and cough, he turned to Griffin and asked, "Does anything hurt?" Griffin then proceeded to tell him that his ear hurt! Yep, that was news to me. Sure enough, he had a pretty bad infection. Good thing he was coughing because I don't think I would have had him checked out otherwise. And yes, we did have a conversation on the car ride home that he needs to tell ME the next time his ear hurts! Because let's be honest, I don't enjoy looking like a fool in front of the doctor.

That same night, Grayson really started cruising around our house...and by cruising I mean WALKING! By no means is he a steady walker, and crawling is still his normal form of movement, but our youngest son has been taking quite a few steps lately. We even got one of his "pilgrimages" on tape! My guess is that he will be a consistent walker in less than a month. I still haven't decided if I am sad or excited about this. On one hand, it's exciting to see your kids grow up, learn new skills, throw their first tantrum, etc. Milestones are exciting. But, on the other hand, Grayson is our last child. No more little Dunigans for this family. It sometimes tugs at my heart when I realize I will be experiencing certain things for the last time. So, while I am psyched that our little man is learning to walk, it still makes me sad knowing that my baby days are slowly coming to an end. Instead of focusing on all the "firsts," I am also trying to remember the "lasts" like the book Let Me Hold You Longer. (All you moms out there...this is a MUST READ!)

The last piece of news actually pertains to me. On Thursday, I accepted a temporary staff position at EBC. Our amazing church is busting at the seams; every weekend we are overflowing! As a result, we are building a 4th campus, which is expected to open this Fall. In the meantime, our current SLP campus is opening their doors for a 5th and 6th service time. On Sunday nights, SLP will basically run as though it is the new Blaine campus. Many people have already been hired to run this new campus, but they have yet to fulfill the Early Childhood (Kid-O-Deo) Coordinator position. While they are in the process of hiring a full-time staff member for this campus, I will take on the position part-time. While I am incredibly nervous to add one more thing to my already full schedule (especially during tax season), I am thrilled to serve God in this new role. "To whom much is given, much is required," right?

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment