Saturday, March 16, 2013

Get Lucky 7K


Not gonna lie...I secretly hoped this race was going to be canceled. The forecast was not looking pretty, and I just didn't feel like running in the cold and icy conditions. I am happy to report that I am glad I didn't sit this race out. The bad news is that it was REALLY treacherous at the beginning. I was scared for the entire first mile that I was going to fall and hurt myself. Mentally, I was ready to call it quits because I was so nervous. Thankfully, though, after the first mile, the roads were no longer slick, and I could pick up my pace a bit without feeling like I might lose my life. The good news is that I was not cold during the race, and I got to see some beautiful MN scenery. I also enjoyed seeing some crazy outfits, and let's not forget that Team Ortho swag is the best there is. I did practically freeze my fingers off at the end waiting to meet up with friends, but the Caribou on the way home made up for it. A 7K is a good distance in my opinion. While I didn't "race" this race, I think I would say that I liked the distance even if I had. A bit more of a challenge than a 5K, not quite the challenge a 10K can provide. I do enjoy doing races at a slower pace, though. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely LOVE trying to meet a goal time, but sometimes a leisurely race just increases my joy for running. Today's race did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment