- I know that I can easily run 7-8 miles without needing water.
- I can run 10 without needing gu or applesauce.
- I crash at mile 11.
- BODY GLIDE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND IN THE SUMMER!
- My slowest mile is always #2.
- Spending good money on running shoes is WORTH it.
- Speed workouts are mostly mental.
- Keep your toenails shorter than normal.
- Don't get a pedicure too close to a long run, and make sure they keep some of your callouses on your feet!
- Running with friends is super fun. A perfect way to catch up.
- EVERYONE is faster than they think they are.
- EVERYONE can run farther than they think they can.
- Running long distances on the treadmill is tolerable while watching "How I Met Your Mother."
- I turn into a crazy woman if I don't get at least two runs in a week. I prefer three. My mental status declines significantly if I don't give my body a runner's high on a frequent basis.
- Running with your child is one of the best feelings EVER!
- Pushing a jogging stroller while running is next to impossible.
- Ice baths aren't as bad as they sound, and they WORK!
- Seeing family and friends cheer you on at a race makes you faster.
- Cheering on family and friends at races makes you want to run even more!
- Seeing runners who are depleted smile when you shout their name..PRICELESS!
- When I run my marathon...currently aiming for Women Rock 2014...I will put my name on my shirt, so that everyone around me can shout my name...whether they really know me or not!
- Having The Bostrom Family cheer me on for my first marathon is a must.
- Having Griffin run a mile or two with me during my first marathon is non-negotiable.
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Griffin and I woke up at 4:40AM to cheer on the TC 10 mile and the TC Marathon. I love to cheer on runners, and I am sure Griffin does too! Through spectating and running races myself, I have learned a few lessons over the last couple of years: