Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Update

I apologize for going so long between posts. Life has been a whirlwind here with the MN Dunigans. To be brief, here is a short recap of events that have happened in the last week and will happen in the next few days:
  • After Grayson had his tubes put in on Monday, he started to come down with a cold. The cold turned nasty quickly, and Grayson was nice enough to share it with his brother. Both boys stayed home from Gail’s on Wednesday and were taken to the doctor to confirm another case of pink eye for both. Good news---Grayson’s ears were clear!
  • Griffin had his first gymnastics class and hated it.
  • On Friday, I started to get the aforementioned cold. Nothing too major, but I was definitely tired.
  • By Sunday, not only did I have the full-blown cold, but I woke up with an awful back ache. By the end of church that night, I could barely stand because of my back and subsequent stomach pain.
  • I decided to hit up the Urgent Care, where they found my stomach to be super tender right at the point of my appendix, and my white blood count was elevated.
  • I was then told to go to the ER where the doctor explained he would be calling a surgeon---he was POSITIVE I had appendicitis. Thankfully the surgeon he called requested another test. This test actually told us that my appendix was ultrasound then showed that I ruptured an ovarian cyst and had fluid built up in my uterus. Needless to say, it was a LONG, painful night, but I was SO THANKFUL to have Missy by my side while Brandon stayed home with the boys.
  • This past Tuesday brought a short visit from Papa Tom before flying out of the Minneapolis airport.
  • Yesterday I visited Urgent Care again because my cold wouldn’t go away, and I could barely talk...diagnosed with a sinus infection and given horse pill antibiotics.
  • Last night, Griffin had his first T-ball session. While an hour long class proved to be a little long for him, he did have fun, and he is excited to go back.
  • Today marks the end of tax season---YAY for having Brandon back in our lives FULL-time. I must say, I am not sure how he did it. I complained way more than he did!
  • On Saturday, I have my first class of my Doctoral Program at Bethel. My new laptop is set-up, and I am ready to go. If only I wasn’t so incredibly nervous! The syllabus looks a bit challenging in my opinion.
  • Any day now, our friends, Angie and Chad, will deliver (well, only Angie is lucky enough to get to do that part) their first baby---a BOY! I am so excited to love on their little man:)
  • So there you have it...a LOT to report for just over one week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment