Friday, March 26, 2010

Sometimes Life is Frustrating

I just got back from Urgent Care with Grayson. I took him in because his one eye was gunky and getting red. I thought we would be in and out and get some drops to fix a little case of pink eye. Well, we got the drops, but unfortunately we also got a second set of antibiotics. Despite having clear ears on Tuesday at his well-child check-up, today he has ANOTHER ear infection. In case anyone is counting, that's six ear infections since December:(

I'm not going to lie. I feel defeated. It seems as though we can only go 1-2 weeks before Grayson or Griffin is sick with something. I have already used 12 sick days at work---none of which were "mental health" days. The maddening thing is that I try to do a lot to keep our family healthy. We go to the chiropractor on a regular basis. I breastfed both kids for as long as I could handle it given the circumstances. I give my kids vitamins. I use Clorox Wipes like they are going out of style. My house is definitely cluttered, but it is definitely disinfected on a regular basis. I wash the kids' sheets often. I just recently scrubbed our two bathrooms upstairs so hard that my knuckles started to bleed. I also know that some believe the more kids are exposed to germs the better, so I let them eat off the floor sometimes. I put them in Target carts without that bacteria cover thing. They play in public places like the park and the McDonald's Play Land. I try to be well-rounded when it comes to their health, but it just doesn't seem to be working.

So here we are again. Back to two syringes of medicine for our little peanut and little chance of sleeping through the night.

Praying the ENT has some answers for us on Thursday. Not sure my mental status can take it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment