Sunday, March 14, 2010

Grayson's First Birthday Party

















This weekend, we celebrated Grayson's First Birthday with family and close friends. We got the party started early on Friday by going to Brunswick Zone with Le'Dean, Henry, and Ella. While my sister is not the biggest fan of bowling, I think I can say we all had fun watching the kiddos attempt to bowl.

Saturday was the true party, but before the festivities began, we took Grayson to get a BIG BOY haircut. I can't believe how much older he looks now :( He was a pro at the salon, and he barely even flinched.

Brandon's mom and sister, my sister and her children (Henry and Ella), The Scalia Family, and The Oberg Family were in attendance once the party began at 4:00. While sometimes I get stressed out when hosting guests, yesterday proved peaceful for me. In the end, I gave up trying to get the house perfectly clean (something that is close to impossible when Brandon is never home...only having after bed time to clean limits the amount of cleaning one can do), and I just focused on the fact that those we love were here to celebrate my son. Laughing and playing children mess up the house anyway, right? We had tacos, (thanks to Andrew, I think I will always make tacos for big gatherings:) ) chips and salsa/guacamole, fruit, and a cupcake cake decorated in a jungle theme. We ordered a Diego cake, but then changed it up a bit with our own decorations.

For once, I just let Grayson get dirty and have at it with his cake. It was pretty amusing to watch, especially since there wasn't ANY cake that actually made it into his mouth. After a quick clean-up in the bath, we opened presents and wound down with our guests. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did!

Oh, and I hope you enjoyed my 100th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment