Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy 5-month Birthday, Grayson!













Today, Grayson is officially five months old. I am reminded daily that time goes by way too quickly with my little guys. I try to take it all in, but sometimes I feel caught in a whirlwind of time passing faster than I would like it.

Grayson, as usual, is a very content baby. Currently he is starting to show signs of favoring me over other people, but that is quite normal for his stage of development. Plus, I am home all day, so he sees me the most. Overall though, he will go to most anyone and stay content for quite a long time. The volunteers at church often comment how easy he is to take care of, and they love making him smile and giggle.

The baby of the family is also on the verge of moving about the house. He is able to roll over in both directions, and he can shimmy his way to a nearby toy if necessary. This makes me nervous because we clearly need to re-babyproof the house! He isn't sitting up yet, though, so hopefully it will be a little while before he is truly on the move!

My littlest man is finally putting on some weight, at least I think. At his four month check-up, the doctor was slightly concerned that he hadn't put on much weight between his two and four-month check-up. To put that in perspective, Griffin was more than two pounds heavier at his four-month appointment than Grayson was (Griffin was 15 lbs. 15 oz. and Grayson was 13 lbs. 13 oz.). As a result, I was ordered to try and feed him as much as possible, even in the middle of the night if he woke up. He still goes on what I call "hunger strikes," where he won't eat for over 4-5 hours during the day, but then a couple days later he will be back on track. The one nice thing about his slow weight gain is that he still fits into all of his 3-6 month clothes. It's great to see him wear an outfit more than once or twice:) Because of his slow size development, we were told to hold off on solid foods until his six month check-up. The doctor said I could start periodically introducing rice cereal to get him used to eating, but that I shouldn't do it consistently or make it a regular source of nutrition. Check out the pictures of his first encounter with yummy cereal!

In two short weeks, Grayson will be going off to Gail's house for the day:( I am sad to leave both boys, but I am excited for them to see their friends!

Happy Tuesday! Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment