Friday, August 7, 2009

Growing up way too fast :(

















In just a few short days, my little man is going to be three years old. I remember, like it was yesterday, the day he was born. I remember being scared, excited, tired, thrilled, and every other emotion possible. As I waited out my labor, I just wanted to MEET my little miracle man. I remember originally thinking that I wanted the doctors and nurses to "clean" my child before giving him to me. I remember feeling like a moron for having that thought once he was born. I remember thinking, during labor, that I never wanted to have another child again. And then the instant he was placed on my belly (all wet, sticky, and slimy), I remember thinking that I could definitely do this again. I remember feeling so overwhelmed with love that I could hardly speak. The love you have for your child is so amazing that I can't even begin to explain it. It isn't the amount of love you feel, it is the type. At that moment, my heart was changed forever.

And now...almost three years has passed. I have been able to cuddle, kiss, dry tears, wash dirt away, laugh, and so much more, with my precious Griffin Thomas Dunigan for about three years. Three years people. I can hardly believe it. Our child, the one I helped create, is going to be THREE! He speaks full sentences, prays to God, repeats bible verses, kicks soccer balls, colors and cuts construction paper, ask questions (lots of questions), visits the dentist and chiropractor, soothes his baby brother, and SO much more. My little man is growing up way too fast!

Recently, I have been telling Griffin, in a sad voice, "I wish you could stay my little man forever." His response is often something like this, "I know it makes you sad, but I have to grow big like Daddy." I know honey. Even though it makes me so proud to watch you grown and learn, it also makes me so very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment