Sunday, September 18, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday, Grayson!!!



Today is September 18th, which means my youngest son is two and a half years old. I've said it once, and I will say it again forever I'm sure, but how is this possible? I am a mom to a 5 year old and a 2.5 year old. My baby is 2.5 years old. AAHH!!!

I digress.

Grayson, oh Grayson. He keeps us on our toes. Between never knowing whether or not he will eat a single bite at a meal and his lack of fear for most things, my hair is turning gray. Not kidding. (Perhaps my 7th grade students are contributing to this, but we will never know for sure!) He is a jumper and mover. He is HILARIOUS to watch at gymnastics because before he even finishes one station, he is already moving on to the next. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I have told him to walk down the stairs from the trampoline instead of JUMPING OFF the trampoline. And my goodness, this boy LOVES to talk. (Not sure where he gets that from.) He has to give you a play by play of EVERYTHING that is going on at all times. Pretty sure my little dude would walk around with a microphone all day if we let him! He has also entered a stage where he blames other people for something HE did. Just tonight he told us Claire did something. Um, reality check little man. Claire doesn't live here. She's at day care. But thanks for the laugh.

On a more serious note, tomorrow I take Grayson in for a weight check. His eating has been HORRIBLE lately, and he hasn't grown much this summer. As we took out clothes from last winter, they all still fit. If his weight is unacceptable, back to the GI doctor we go :(

Thankfully, despite his health battles, Grayson is one happy little dude. He lights up a room with his smile and his nose scrunch, and I thank God daily for bringing him into our family. I'll take the gray hairs. He's definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment