Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Can I Bottle Your Enthusiasm?














Is it possible to bottle up enthusiasm? If you figure out how, please let me know. Because I don't want Griffin's excitement for school to fade. EVER.

This past week was quite possibly the best week of Griffin's life. Not exaggerating. At all.

First Day:
Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast? Check!
Photo Shoot with Mom? Check!
Smiling ALL DAY long? Check!
Seriously. Excitement was oozing from his pores. I am not sure how his face didn't hurt.

Like any curious mom, I grilled him with questions the moment he got off the bus each day. Here's a sample of our conversations:

What was your favorite part of the day? EVERYTHING

Did you pick out a book from the library? No, we need to learn how to pick out just the right book first.

Did you read any books? (with fists pumped into the air) Kindergarten, Here I Come.

Oh, with the teacher named Mrs. Bindergarten? Hey, how did you know that?

Did you sing any songs? Um, yeah. It was about going to the moon. And space.

Anything else you want to tell me? It was someone's birthday. So for snack, we got a cookie! And I got to go outside. TWICE!

Are you excited for Day 2? YES!

Hey Mom, can we schedule a play date this week? I want to tell someone other than you about my first day of school.

Did you read any books today? Yes, in fact I read two! And watched a video.

And Mom, we did math today. We got to compare shapes.
(yes, he used the word compare). I got to tell Mrs. Egan which shape was bigger.

My new favorite shape is the .... what's it called. It looks like a circle with a lot of sides....
an octagon? YES!




No comments:

Post a Comment