Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where, Oh Where Has My Baby Gone?


Four years ago today, I was blessed beyond my imagination and became a mother. At 9:39, Griffin Thomas entered the world, and he has changed our lives forever. As I look at my amazing little man, I am saddened that there is no baby left in him. My oldest child is officially a boy. Not a baby. Not a toddler. A boy.

Today is turning out to be nothing like we planned. A birthday party with a few of Griffin's close friends was scheduled for the day, but because Grayson has Hand, Foot, Mouth, and Miss Isabel is also sick, we had to reschedule. Thankfully Grandma Laurie is here, so I have a lot of plans for my first born son! Luckily, Griffin is quite the easy-going child, so it seems as though I am more upset than he is by the change of plans.

Griffin never seems to stop entertaining us with his quotes, questions, and silly games. His enthusiasm for all things is contagious, and I love watching his mind work. At four years of age, he can identify his letters and sounds (when he wants to anyway), and he can write out the letters in his name. He has trouble writing small enough for all the letters to stay on a page, but hey, one step at a time:) Currently, he loves to watch Alladin and the Forty Thieves, The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Word World, The Letter Factory, and Avatar (the cartoon). For his birthday, he asked for anything to do with Avatar, Transformers, and a plastic figurine Husky Dog. He loves role playing with all his little figurines, and he is even starting to role play with Grayson, who is starting to play back! Brandon and Griffin have been reading aloud "big kid" books lately. I am amazed that Griffin can sit with Brandon and listen for such a long time. I can only hope my boys become lifelong readers!!! Griffin is still my cuddle bug, so he ends up melting my heart on a daily basis when he asks, "Mom, can we just cuddle?" Not long ago he told me that I didn't have to be too sad that he was turning four because he would still cuddle with me!

Above is a picture from this morning's gift opening. More to come as the day unfolds!

Happy Birthday, little man! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment