Sunday, August 22, 2010

Half Marathon? Check!

Pre-race @ 5:40 AM

Between Mile 3 and 4

10 minutes post-race




2 hours post race--I look way better than I feel!

Today I accomplished a goal; I ran my first half-marathon in just under ten minute miles with a final time of 2:09.49. I'm not going to lie; today was a LOT harder than I expected it to be. There were many spots on the course where I thought there was no way I could keep running---especially during a wardrobe malfunction---but a few things kept me going: the smiling faces of my cheering team (Brandon, Griffin, Grayson, Missy, Becca, Nick, Amanda, and Dawn), the song "What a Savior", the song "Holding Out for a Hero", and the fact that I am blessed to be able to run so many miles because I want to, not because I have to go get clean water for my family. If you feel so inclined, I am still raising money for World Vision here. Thank you to those who have already supported me.

My recovery today is slow. I threw up three times after driving home, and there is not enough ice to cover my sore spots. Nonetheless, I am so thrilled to have completed the race under the time I set as a goal. Barely. But I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment