Friday, January 17, 2014

Cleaning out the kitchen...



Right after New Year's we decided that we needed to clean out our kitchen. Have you ever noticed how much food just continues to sit in your fridge, pantry, or freezer? Brandon and I made the decision to only go to the grocery store for a few things for a two week period. We ate soups that had been sitting in our pantry for a while, microwave meals that had been stored in our freezer for far too long, the bottoms of cereal boxes, and odds and ends that kept getting passed over. In fact, on at least two different occasions I had oatmeal and a turkey dog with no bun for a meal. We saved quite a bit of money during that two week period, AND it gave me the opportunity to scrub out our fridge. I am happy to say we survived without too many grumbles, but I was sure glad to go regular grocery shopping last week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment