Saturday, October 26, 2013

Monster Dash 2013



 



This year I ran the Monster Dash for the second time. It's funny how running a full-marathon changes your perspective on almost everything. Last year, I was freaking out about this race. Not only was I trying to break the two hour mark for the THIRD TIME, but I felt completely unprepared due to my vein and heart issues. The day before last year's race involved drinking lots of water, obsessing over my fueling, and, for lack of a better word, panic. Fast forward to this year, and I was COOL as a cucumber. I knew I would be running with Chad and Jessica, and I knew that I didn't have a PR on mind. I was hoping to stay under two hours for Chad's sake, but neither of us really cared. We just wanted to run a race and enjoy ourselves.

I barely drank water the day before. I ate Chinese food for dinner. And I stayed up later than I normally do on a Friday night. (Let's be honest, though, it wasn't that late). I slept great, and I woke up without knots in my stomach. Tackling 13 miles literally didn't phase me. And for that, I am thankful. The end of the race proved to be a little tough, but for the most part, I simply had fun catching up with Jessica and listening to Chad curse us under his breath! He claimed he hated us, but later on he thanked us :) Less than 2 hours later, we crossed the finish line. Chad broke two hours for the first time, and I didn't feel like I was going to die. It's all about perspective, folks! Hoping to have a repeat experience next week in Disney. Who knew running 13 miles could be so enjoyable?

No comments:

Post a Comment