Monday, July 4, 2011

Getting Nervous

Today I ran an 8K race supporting a local shelter devoted to ending domestic violence. The race started about 8 minutes from my house, so it was nice to not worry about getting up super early to drive anywhere. Unfortunately, the race didn't start until 8:30am, so it was already super hot at the start of the race. Not a good sign when you are already sweating at the starting line:( Most summer races start at 8:00am or before, so I am not sure why this one started so late...
Believe it or not, my 44 minute time landed me in first place for my age group. Definitely indicative of my age group, not my performance :( I can't say I am proud of my time, but I at least finished in under 9 minute miles. I know the heat made a big difference too, but I am still disappointed in my run. Furthermore, today's race has officially made me nervous for my half marathon. My goal for that race is to finish in under two hours. Considering I barely kept that pace for a 5 mile race today, I am worried I won't make that goal. Here's to pushing my self harder in the next few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment