Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Grayson!

Dear Grayson,

I can hardly believe that you are two years old. My baby is two. I try to convince myself that it isn't true, but alas, you really are two. And man, you have a lot of spunk in that little body of yours. And seriously, spunk is an understatement.

My little man, you are the very definition of a wild child. You love to jump, run, and do all things that require a LOT of energy. Currently, you like to bounce in your crib as if it were a trampoline. No joke, I caught you doing a seat-drop the other day. We are in TROUBLE when it comes time for you to be in a big boy bed. A gate will cover you door for sure:) Two weeks ago you went to the Little Gym for the first time, and you were such a natural. The coaches could hardly believe you had never been to gymnastics before. You LOVED walking on the balance beam, but you gave me a heart attack every time. You never looked at your feet, so I was convinced you would fall. Thankfully that never happened. I was also amazed at your ability to bring your feet up to the bar. You are such a strong little dude!

You are still in love with reading books, and you love to cuddle. My favorite part of putting you to bed at night is the BIG bear hug you give me. Then you kiss my cheek and put your head on my shoulder. Warms my heart EVERY night. And just yesterday, you walked up to me with a blanket and said, "Cuddle Now!"

Every day you repeat new words and phrases. This makes it a lot easier to figure out what you want. It also makes you more demanding at times, but even in your demands, you often manage to say please or thank you! You are also understanding more and more about the world around you. You know what needs to be opened and closed, you understand when things are "icky," and you know to walk to the pantry if you are hungry! You definitely exercise your power with the word "no!" Thankfully you are good at saying you are sorry and giving hugs:)

Eating is still a roller coaster ride. One day you will eat just like a "normal" two year old. The next day you hardly eat at all. You are pain free with eating, though, so I quit worrying about it. Right now you like doughnuts, milk, fruit snacks, juice boxes, cheese, chips, tuna, shredded chicken made for tacos, raisin bread, mac and cheese, bananas, apples, raisins, carrots, and pretzels. To be honest, there isn't much else that you eat. You tried pizza the other day. You didn't like it, but I was impressed that you tried it! You also ate a few bites of a cupcake once the frosting was taken off. Hopefully you will continue to try new foods.

Happy Birthday, cuddle bug! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment