Sunday, July 26, 2015

My continued journey with Team World Vision...




Happy Sunday, folks! I wanted to take the time to update you all on my current journey with Team World Vision. We are getting ready for a HUGE team dinner this Friday, so my excitement is through the ROOF! Due to my excitement and passion, this will be long, so THANK YOU in advance for reading :)
This summer has been going by WAY TOO FAST!!! I go back to teaching in just five short weeks!!! That also means that I have just 31 more days before I leave for HOOD TO COAST!!! In exactly 32 days, I will embark on one of the most incredible races of my entire life.
I was also given the opportunity to up my involvement with Team World Vision. In addition to running and fundraising, I became a Team Captain, I lead a Saturday group run, and I gained two new titles: Fundraising Coach and Team World Vision Church Recruiter. It’s a good thing I like to talk because I spend a lot of time on the phone encouraging others to DREAM BIG and make GOD-SIZED goals with Team World Vision :) My involvement continues to fuel my passion, and I have been lucky enough to meet some AMAZING people with incredible life stories and dreams of changing the world. I owe so much to this community, and it is an honor to give back in a variety of capacities.

I have said it before, but running with Team World Vision has been life changing for me. I started running with TWV in 2010. Had you asked me about running long distances just a month prior to my commitment, I am pretty sure I would have laughed in your face. Put simply, running wasn’t really my thing. Sure, I ran on the treadmill, and I pushed my athletes to run during practice, but it was simply a means to staying in shape. After having two kids, it wasn’t anything :) But here I am, and running has invaded every area of my life. But in a good way.

Because of Team World Vision:

  • I am the healthiest I have ever been.
  • I wake up REALLY early on Saturday mornings to help lead some INCREDIBLE people. 
  •  I know about hydration, protein shakes, gels, gu, energy chews, Advocare, and Isogenix. 
  • I get to experience sacrificial love. 
  • I have been able to complete races with both of my brothers.
  • I know that Body Glide is my best friend.
  • I spend more time talking to God. 
  • I get to enjoy running with my two boys. 
  •  I am able to teach my boys what it means to be generous with time and money. 
  • I learned that I CAN DO HARD THINGS! 
  • I am reminded of how blessed I truly am.
  • I get to do what I believe Jesus asks of me…LOVE THY NEIGHBOR! 
  • I can be a WORLD CHANGER!
Never in a million years did I think I would become so involved with something other than my family and teaching, but alas, Team World Vision has stolen my heart. I am committed to teaming up with TWV until the Clean Water Crisis is officially solved. I am committed to raising $10,000 in 2015. $10,000 is a ridiculous amount of money. But you know what else is ridiculous? The fact that children around the world are dying because they don’t have access to clean water. Today, nearly 1,600 children will die because they lack clean water, sanitation, and hygiene. The best part…WE CAN CHANGE THAT STATISTIC RIGHT NOW! There is no searching for a cure. We have the solution which is why I am so determined to fundraise $10,000. 

Right now, my fundraising page sits at a little over $6,000. That number is absolutely amazing to me. OVER 100 lives will be changed because of the support Griffin and I have received from family and friends. To those of you who have come alongside us on this journey, THANK YOU! If you haven’t yet or you feel the nudge to support our efforts again, I ask that you prayerfully consider helping another child gain access to water, education, and LIFE! Let’s change lives together. 

http://tinyurl.com/duniganrunsHTC


~Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment