Monday, March 10, 2014

Getting closer...

I just finished all of the edits and revisions to my dissertation as suggested by two (of three) of my dissertation advisors. It is now being sent off to an APA expert for a final formatting check.

My oral defense is scheduled for April 1st. If all goes well, a piece of paper will be signed at the end saying I am officially finished with my doctoral degree requirements!

I began this journey a little over four years ago. These four years have been difficult and stressful, but I don't regret, for a moment, choosing to embark on this path. I had a goal and a dream to help train future teachers in the areas of reading, English, and middle school methods. I have shown my own kiddos and family that I CAN DO HARD THINGS, and I have opened the door to becoming a full time professor in an education department at a college or university one day. 

I am humbled by the love and support I have received from family and friends along this journey. Without all of the incredible people in my life, I would not have been able to do this impossible task. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment