Friday, February 14, 2014

Oh Happy Day!

Valentine's Day 2014 was one of the best days of my life. I was already in a good mood because Brandon had purchased a fruit flower basket and a new pillow for me the day before, but my day got even better. I received two letters in the mail that made me happy from head to toe!

First, I received an invitation in my mailbox at school to attend the High School National Honor Society induction ceremony. When a student is inducted, he/she is allowed to honor one teacher from his/her educational career who has a made a difference in his/her life. I received an invite and a letter stating a former student of mine chose me!!! In addition to the invite, I was also sent a handwritten note from him stating why he wanted to honor me at the ceremony.

His exact words were: You helped me realize that if you put your mind to it, you can achieve your goals. When I was in your class, I started to enjoy and take my academics more seriously. You are one of the reasons I am the student I am today. The effort I put into my education is based on what you taught me.


Needless to say, I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the night.

To make things better, when I checked my mail at home that night, I had received confirmation from Bethel that I passed my written comprehensive exam. I might actually graduate this spring, my friends! I might just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment