Wednesday, December 25, 2013

New Traditions for the MN Dunigans











For the first time since I was on best rest, the MN Dunigans stayed in Minnesota for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We went to WI later on in the afternoon on Christmas Day, but my kiddos got to wake up in their own house on Christmas morning. From the moment we made the decision to stay, I was looking forward to making our own traditions.

On Christmas Eve, Brandon had to work for most of the day, so I took the kiddos swimming at the YMCA. We had the pool to ourselves for the most part, and it was a great way to get some exercise before the Holiday Feasts began.

We had gone to Christmas Church services the day before, so the evening was completely open. The boys were super excited to find out we were going to Red Lobster! Griffin likes the crab legs, and Grayson eats the shrimp. The manager was on her game and even let the kids explore a lobster outside of the tank.

When we got home, the kiddos spread the reindeer food on the lawn (Thanks, Pam!) and put out some cookies and milk for Santa. Off to bed they went dreaming of what would come the next morning.

As much as I love seeing family and friends over the holidays, I truly enjoyed EVERY second of our time together as a family of four. I look forward to this tradition continuing :)





No comments:

Post a Comment