Sunday, December 15, 2013

Harry Potter

Griffin and I began reading the first Harry Potter book last weekend. We are about halfway through, and the goal is to finish by Christmas Break so that we can watch the movie.


Hands down, this has been one of my favorite parenting moments. I obviously enjoy reading with my kiddos, but this is just a whole new level of reading experiences. For the first time, I get to discuss an entire novel that I fell in love with during college with my son. To be honest, it is actually quite difficult to read the book aloud, especially Hagrid's lines, but it is worth the trouble and discomfort. Griffin is asking questions, making predictions, and falling in love with a book I adore. It doesn't get much better than that!

Best Griffin Predictions/Reactions:
  • I wonder if Lord Voldermort gave Harry some of his powers when he gave him that scar?
  • I'm not so sure about Professor Snape. I bet he has something to do with Lord Voldermort.
  • I don't mind it when people call me Gryffindor anymore.
  • I am going to now call my Bear Bear Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment