Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Happy Half-Birthday, Grayson!

Our little mischief maker is 3.5 years old. Do you know what that means? In six months, he will be four. Why can't my babies stay little forever? I digress.

While Grayson still remains on the small side (he weighs between 29 and 30 pounds depending on the week), he knows how to pack a lot into his little body. He makes me laugh every single day, and his enthusiasm for even the smallest thing is contagious. He is incredibly charismatic and talks MORE than any little kid I know. People are constantly telling me how impressed they are with how much he talks. Not sure where he gets that from...

What amazes me the most right now is his ability to build with Legos. He could build for hours and hours if we let him. What's more is that his creations are so symmetrical. He builds the most intricate designs that are always matching from one side to the next. And to top it off, he always has an elaborate story to go along with his design. I have learned that the best way to keep him occupied at a doctor's office is to bring a small box of Legos. The other day he told the nurse he built a pipe system that turned muddy water into clear water. Not kidding.

Eating is still a chore at times, but it is so much better than last year. He is eating much better at day care, and he is eating more meat at home. He still loves summer sausage and cheese, but he also likes hamburgers, turkey meat, and peanut butter!

Speaking of day care, he had a bit of a transition period when we switched to Pam's House. He definitely tested his limits and struggled with getting to know his new friends. Two days in a row I picked him up and found out he had chucked a toy at another kid. Thankfully, though, after some long talks and a few days without being able to use the iPad, I am happy to report he is back to behaving :)

Now onto his current loves and obsessions...He currently LOVES the Lorax and Lilo and Stitch. Like his big brother, he still talks about our trip to Disney World, and he will drop everything at the mention of going swimming. Unlike his brother, he likes to wear pajamas to bed, so I recently enjoyed purchasing a new set with Lions on it. He also begs to play tennis like his older brother, and he has the time of his life picking up balls that go astray at Griffin's lessons. Both boys pretend play to be the Avengers often, and Grayson looks absolutely adorable when he wears his Thor helmet. When we ask him what he wants to be for Halloween, he says he wants to be a BIG pumpkin, but we are trying to convince him to go as Thor.

We are learning that Grayson's love language is words of affirmation. When he does something right, he often looks to me and says, "Mom, now smile at me." He also likes to cuddle, and I love it when he responds, "And we will have a picnic to the moon and back!" after I tell him I love him to the moon and back. I also have to hold back my laughter when he says "No, I am happy" when I tell him that he is acting naughty. Sorry kid. Most people are happy when they are naughty :) Doesn't mean you aren't doing something wrong! Speaking of misbehaving...Grayson is the first to point out when I use a naughty word...stupid or shut up. His mouth opens wide, and then he exclaims, "Mommy! We don't say that!"


Now that he is in a new room in Kid-O-Deo, he is learning to sit still, pay attention, and go Kiddowhampus :) He is doing so well with large group, and I love asking him questions about what he learned that day. I have yet to teach large group with him in it, but I can't wait to see how that goes!

He is seriously growing up so very fast. I know that in a blink of an eye he will be in Kindergarten. In the meantime, I will continue to stare at him while he sleeps and steal all the moments, hugs, and kisses as time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment