Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dream Realized


For years I have dreamed of becoming a college professor/instructor. Today, I got to realize that dream as I taught my very first college class, and it was pretty great. I have lost a lot sleep and put in a lot of hard work while navigating my doctoral program at Bethel. I have guest lectured and put in many hours of committee work to help prepare me for this day. I have second guessed my ability to be a mom, a teacher, and a student all at once. I have worried about not spending enough time with my boys (all three). Today, though, the hard work, the worries, and the lost hours of sleep were issues I was able to put aside. My boys got to see their mom accomplish a dream today. They witnessed first hand that hard work really does pay off. And that, my friends, is yet another added bonus of my new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment