Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Letter to My Children on Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. Since the two of you are the reason I get to celebrate this day, I find it fitting to leave you with a letter. My heart has been heavy lately due to a variety of circumstances, and I want to impart a few things I have learned as a result.

Advice for the little lights of my life,


  • Smile... someone, maybe even yourself, will be encouraged by it.

  • Laugh often...the wrinkles are worth it!

  • Give generously...not just money, but of your time too!

  • Be respectful...if you disagree with someone or something, your points will be better heard when presented respectfully.

  • Challenge yourself...your mind and body is always capable of more than you give it credit for!

  • Forgive...we are forgiven, so we should return the favor. ESPECIALLY when we don't want to.

  • Nobody's perfect...when dishing out criticism, make sure you are criticizing yourself too!

  • Seek Truth...God's word is readily available for a reason!

  • Don't be afraid of failure...sometimes it is the only way to learn!

  • Love BIG...the only way to do this is to make yourself vulnerable, so don't hold back!

  • Be passionate about something...I don't care what it is, but find something to really care about.

  • Big hugs solve many problems...at least for a little while.

  • Never forget you are loved by your mom and dad...we are your biggest fans!

My last piece of advice comes from a current popular song on Christian radio. They aren't my words, but they are so true and so important!


Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say.



I love you, Griffin and Grayson. More than you can ever imagine.

1 comment: