Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feeling Blessed




Today was an all around good day. It was one of those days where the smile on your face rarely leaves.

The day started out with some extra cuddles with Grayson. Normally he is a mover and a shaker when he gets up, but today he wanted to snuggle. Not a bad way to start off the day.

When I arrived at school for a committee meeting, I came to find out that a different meeting for next week is going to be canceled. Yay for eliminating extra work!

My first hour class is a dream. I love them. Really. They make me laugh EVERY. DAY. Today was no different.

The day kept getting better because I had PREP today. I only get PREP every other day, so PREP days are happy days for me. It was during PREP that I received an email saying that I was chosen as a finalist for a Let's Dish! Teacher of the Year award. (http://www.letsdish.com/mnteachers/) See. I told you my day rocked. Hopefully people vote because I would love free food! Hey, that means you should vote! But really, it was an honor to be chosen as a finalist, and it definitely put some pep in my step.

My great day doesn't end there...I got to play with my kids. OUTSIDE. with chalk. AND bubbles. WITHOUT jackets. LOVE SPRING.

After the kiddos went to bed, I clocked in 3 miles. Day 3 of training complete. Man I love crossing off those days!

And I saved the best for last. Griffin asked if I could teach him how to read today. "You know, like the words, Mom, not just the letters and sounds in the words." So, I started busting out some common sight words today. My little man is going to Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment