Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer 2010 Has Begun








After a stressful week of curriculum writing after regular school got out, my summer vacation has officially begun. While this summer is proving to be one of the busiest we have ever had, I am soaking up as much time as I can with my boys.

Both boys are signed up for swimming lessons on Wednesday nights. Each boy has had one lesson so far, and they both did wonderfully. I am super impressed with how the Shoreview Community Center runs its lessons. Griffin is really coming out of his shell. Even the instructor commented on how comfortable he is going underwater. It's about time :) I mean, I am his mother!

Tomorrow we take Grayson to see a speech therapist to discuss/work on his eating. Weird, I know. I didn't know speech therapists did that, but apparently they do. I'll let you know how it goes:) On Thursday, he has his 15 month check-up, so I will update his stats then:)

In the middle of all of this, I am training for the World Vision Half Marathon on August 22nd. I am running farther and more often than ever before, and it is affirming to see myself get faster and stronger. And let's be honest, the weight loss is a big motivator too:) I am excited to push my body to a place it has never been come race day. I will post fundraising details soon.


I hope you are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment