Monday, September 30, 2013

Six more sleeps...

I can't believe I am six more sleeps away from my first marathon. I have clocked well over 400 miles, and the day is almost here. 26.2 miles.

Fear. Excitement. Nerves. Joy. Trepidation. Shock. Horror. Gratitude. It all depends on when you ask me, but these are a few emotions that run through my brain and body as I think about Sunday. I have come to a conclusion that bodies are not meant to run 26.2 miles. But, with the love and support of friends and family, my body will hopefully run 26.2 miles in six days. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a time goal, but let's be honest, I will be THRILLED to cross that finish line no matter the time.

Running with Team World Vision has been an amazing experience...I will NEVER forget these past few months. I have met some incredible people who have inspired me to push my limits both physically and spiritually. More importantly, this community of runners is serving God's Kingdom through running. I have raised a little over $1500 (click here for my page), but our team together has raised over $200,000. That is 40,000 people with clean water my friends! And the amount of people who have prayed for me or supported me financially is simply unbelievable. I am overwhelmed by the support and cheers. I am blessed to do life with extraordinary people.

And my brother. That's a whole different blog post. But it's safe to say I have the best big brother. Ever. Hands down. Thankful for him and his entire crew. 

Six more sleeps, my friends. Six more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment