Saturday, July 27, 2013

Group Runs with Team World Vision


I joined Team World Vision for my very first group long run today...it was BEAUTIFUL outside. It is rare to get such a cool morning in July, so we all felt blessed. We completed 13 miles today, which was a bit rough for me. I hadn't done a long run (10 miles) since the 4th of July, so I was definitely pushing my limit. I was thankful to have a group to run with today, though. I got very sore and tired (in a variety of places) around mile 9. Had I been by myself, I am not sure I would have made the entire 13 miles. At the very least, I know I would have walked, but I met up with two sweet girls who slowed down a little to keep me company and make sure I ran the whole way.

I am so blessed to run with World Vision; I was prayed for around mile 10, which was an experience like no other. The prayer turned to the kids in Africa we are running for, and my pace picked up slightly. I am simply honored to serve God in this capacity. If you would like to partner with me on this journey, please visit my fundraising page HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment