Monday, February 25, 2013

So close...but so far...

Each night when I am putting Griffin to bed, he asks me what I plan to do after he falls asleep. Most nights I tell him I will do homework and go for a run.

I long for the day when homework isn't my go-to response.

I long for the day when I don't have to run around like a crazy woman after my children are asleep.

I long for the day when I can go to bed before ten on a regular basis.

I long for the day when I don't have to worry about talking on the phone with my family and friends because I gave up time working on my homework. 

I long for the day when I can sit in the other room and just listen to my children breath or simply stare at them while they sleep and NOT have to type away at the computer.

I long for the day when my weekends can JUST be about my husband and our family.

I long for the day when my children's homework takes longer than mine :)

I am close. I can taste it. In less than I year, I should be finished. I know it's worth it. I know I am teaching my kids the importance of life-long learning and hard work. I know that I will be able to attend almost every sporting event when they are older because I won't be going back to school when they are teenagers. I know this journey is getting me one step closer to where I know I am destined to be.

But right now, I just long for the day when my dissertation is complete, and my computer gets used a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment