Wednesday, December 12, 2012

10,000 Reasons

As I reflect on the here and now (from yesterday's post), I am reminded of one of my favorite songs: 10,000 Reasons. Each and every time this song is sung at church, my heart fills with joy. I read on a blog (surprise surprise) the other day that a way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas is to write down things we can praise God for each day leading up to Christmas. Take your mind off of parties, crafts, gifts, traveling, and focus on what God has blessed you with. I plan to take two minutes every day (setting a timer my friends) to make a quick list of how I was blessed that day.

Reasons to worship on 12-12-12
  1. Griffin and Grayson have fantastic swim instructors. They both love going to swimming lessons.
  2. My students made me laugh.
  3. I was able to "escape" life for a bit and read.
  4. I have a treadmill that allows me to run in the middle of the night.
  5. I was thanked for doing a something I have been doing for a while now. It feels good to be acknowledged.
  6. Griffin LOVES school and is so enthusiastic about learning.
  7. We have a day care that is so perfect.
  8. I have the help of two paraprofessionals who are fantastic

Words to Remember: Courtesy of 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

No comments:

Post a Comment