Thursday, July 26, 2012

Final Summer Residency

I am currently in my final two-week intensive course through Bethel for my doctorate. This particular course is completely focused on my dissertation. We are learning about how to best gather and analyze data in order to prove or disprove our hypothesis. We are also given lots of time to work on the rest of our prospectus. Lucky for me since I SWITCHED TOPICS!!! As a result, I needed to find a new advisor and new committee members. I guess I like to make things difficult. Needless to say, I have been working my tail off to rewrite twenty pages of my prospectus and add twenty more by August 16th---the requirement for this particular class. My final prospectus proposal is not due until January or February, and at that point it should be around 70 pages. I will then be approved (well hopefully) to actually conduct my research. I am beginning to understand why so many people remain in the ABD status...

No comments:

Post a Comment